Students seeking financial resources to support sustainability research have a number of options:
- The Environmental Change Initiative offers undergraduate research fellowships with up to $1,000 for stipend and supplies. These fellowships are open to students in all undergraduate colleges and there are also opportunities to receive academic credit. Each student must have a faculty mentor. More Info.
- ND Energy offers Slatt Fellowships for undergraduate research in energy systems and processes. Each stipend is up to $5,000 for stipend, supplies, and travel. Applications are due by the end of February and must be submitted together with a faculty mentor. More Info.
- The Flatley Center for Undergraduate Scholarly Engagement (CUSE) offers a wide variety of grants to support research, travel, and conference attendance. Visit them in 110 Brownson to get advice on the most appropriate grants for you.
- The Da Vinci Grant awards up to $4,500 for students in Arts & Letters, Science, or Engineering who are pursuing interdisciplinary research. Applications are due in March each year. More Info.
- The Udall Scholarship awards $7,000 to sophomores and juniors with the commitment and potential to make significant contributions to the fields of environment, tribal health, or tribal governance. Pre-applications are due in early December each year. More Info.
- The Minor in Sustainability offers grants to students pursuing their capstone research. Applications are accepted on a rolling basis and application to at least one other source of funds is required.